Diana Reid, MPH, RD
I currently live in Europe with my husband and three children, in the tiny country of Luxembourg. I provide nutritional counseling and coaching both in-person and online or via telephone to clients throughout the world.
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN), certified by the Commission on Dietetic Registration in the United States. I am also licensed as a Certified Dietitian in the State of Washington.
I hold a Master of Public Health degree in nutritional sciences from the University of Washington and have completed more than 200 hours of additional training in the field of nutrition and public health in the past 3 years.
Additionally, I have a Bachelor of Arts degree from Western Washington University in the field of marketing and business administration, and worked in this field for 15 years prior to returning to graduate school to study nutrition.
My experience includes inpatient (hospital), outpatient (clinics, private practice) and educational (university) settings, both during graduate training and my professional career. I have a diverse range of experience diagnosing and treating nutritional issues and providing nutrition education and lifestyle counseling for patients and clients of wide ranging socioeconomic, ethnic and medical backgrounds. Additionally, I have provided nutrition services in both English and Spanish on a professional level. I am currently working toward professional proficiency in French as well.
- American Overseas Dietetics Organization
- American Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Pediatric Nutrition Dietetics Practice Group
- Public Health Nutrition Practice Group
- Diabetes Care and Education Practice Group
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Washington State Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
Conferences, Certifications & Additional Training
- American Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE), October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Diabetes Educator, Level 1, American Association of Diabetes Educators
- GastroDiet 2017 Conference, Prato, Italy, October 2017
- Molly Kellogg Motivational Interviewing Counseling Intensive for Nutrition Professionals, San Francisco, CA, June 2015
- Monash University Low FODMAP Certified Dietitian
- Nutrition for Sports, Exercise and Weight Management Conference, Seattle, WA, November 2014
- Additional advanced training topics include: Advanced FODMAPs Training for Dietitians (Kings College of London), Mindful Eating, Non-Diet Approaches to Nutrition, Eating Disorders/Disordered Eating, PCOS, Types 1 and 2 Diabetes, and Pediatric Nutrition.
I am a mom of three school-age children, which means I drive tiny people around a lot. I love running, hiking, weight lifting, reading, cooking and traveling. I'm originally from Seattle, Washington, but have lived in San Francisco, Guatemala and Luxembourg as well.
I love food. And eating. Which is good, because that's also what I love to talk about all day.
I speak English, Spanish and a bit of French, and enjoy learning about new cultures. I especially love discovering new foods and sharing meals with my family and friends.